[Mailman-Users] Mail stuck in Exim queue

Adrian Cooper adrian at cooper.net
Mon Nov 1 19:00:46 CET 2004

Hi Mark,

> Thus if you set SMTPPORT in mm_cfg.py to some value other than 0 or 25
> which won't conflict with other ports and set up Sendmail on localhost
> to listen on that port while leaving Exim as your incoming MTA on port
> 25, I think that would do it.

Sendmail, as used by apps like PHPBB for example, doesn't use port 25 to
relay the mail. Mail is injected directly into the Sendmail spool queue to
be sent directly. That is why I asked the question; if Mailman could be
configured to dump outgoing messages into the Sendmail spool, there would be
no port 25 conflict issues. Exim could still manage the other aspects.

Regards,

Adrian.