[Mailman-Users] 554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 4

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Mon May 31 14:41:50 CEST 2004

At 11:46 AM -0700 2004/05/31, Tommyz wrote:

>  Help I've been working on this for a long time I mean long time
>  reinstall after reinstall i keep getting this error in the end the
>  director is there so i dunno what is talking about
>  I am using apache with sendmail and latest mailman version
>  i have virtual hosts on the server also its linux 7.2 please help
>  asap .....Thank you

	Searching the archives for "No such file or directory" and
"unknown mailer error 4", the most relevant threads I can find for
you start with the messages at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-March/027108.html>,
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-March/027136.html>,
and
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-July/030600.html>.

	This looks like a problem with the sendmail chroot environment,
presumably not knowing how to reach outside of the chroot to get to
the Mailman files.

	However, this is really a problem with sendmail and not Mailman.
You'd be more likely to get useful help by consulting the mailing
lists and newsgroups that are specific to sendmail and your OS -- the
Mailman parts of this problem are most likely to be okay.