[Mailman-Users] Upgrade from 2.0.11 to 2.1.5

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sat May 29 15:52:38 CEST 2004

At 3:41 PM -0500 2004/05/28, Young, Darren wrote:

>  I'm in the middle of planning an upgrade of our mailman installation and
>  was looking for some pointers.

	You can take a look at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.004.htp>.

>  First question on the move of machines, should I a) rsync everything
>  over to the new server and just go or b) install from scratch on the new
>  server. Any advice here would be great. What about the old lists? Simply
>  copy the lists/* directory over? I tried the fresh install on the new
>  server then copied over lists/* to the new machine (and /etc/aliases)
>  and all seems to be ok so far.

	See above.

	Alternative, you could do the install on the new machine "clean",
then re-create all the configuration items for all the lists.  When
you're done, you can import the subscriber list and the archives from
the old lists.

>  Next, on the upgrade. Same basic questions, should I a) upgrade the
>  previous version on disk or b) start from scratch and somehow import the
>  lists over?

	I don't like trying to do upgrades over a previous version, but
maybe that's just me.