[Mailman-Users] Moving lists to new server

Hurley, Michael MHurley at law.uconn.edu
Thu May 27 21:32:27 CEST 2004

Hey,

I know this has been covered somewhat before--I've read archival posts on
the subject and still am having problems (e.g.
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/).

Here is the deal:

Have to move 14 Mailman lists from one server to another. Old Box: Mailman
2.0.13-1; New Box: 2.0.14-18. I realize these are old. I'm hoping that is
not the issue.

So far I have:
0. newlist <listname> on new box; edited alias file. Tested list--it works.
1. Copied ~mailman/archive/private/<listname> from old box to new box
2. Copied ~mailman/lists/<listname>/* from old box to new box
3. chmod'ed and chown'ed where necessary to match other lists on new box
4. /mailman/admin/<listname> appears. Hooray. But when I try to authenticate
for the admin interface, it just hangs and hangs. Sent another email to the
list--nothing.

I tried working with withlist to change path info in the new list's
config.db--but my understanding of this is shallow at best. I think this is
where the problem is, and where I need some help. Thanks.

/***************************************     .-"""-.
Michael Hurley                              '       \
Webmaster/SysAdmin                         |,.  ,-.  |
University of Connecticut School of Law    |()L( ()| |
mhurley at law.uconn.edu                      |,'  `".| |
(860) 570-5233                             |.___.',| `
***************************************/  .j `--"' `  `.
                                         / '        '   \