[Mailman-Users] Question

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu May 27 16:06:58 CEST 2004

At 7:56 AM -0400 2004/05/27, John Schragg wrote:

>  When someone subscribes to a list. They get the message saying that they
>  will receive an email letting them know when they are approved. But the
>  list admin never gets a request, and the client never gets an email
>  either. When I look into the log, it shows all the people that have
>  tried to subscribe, and it just says they are all pending......

	You've probably munged the list admin address, so that all admin
notices from Mailman get tossed in the bit bucket.

	I did this myself recently, on a new Mailman server I'm setting
up.  This is not too hard to do -- all it takes is a single typo in
the field "The list administrator email addresses.  Multiple
administrator addresses, each on separate line is okay."

	Check your Mailman logs and your MTA logs to see what's going on.
If nothing shows up there, you might have your log level turned down
too low, or you might have syslogd configured to throw away the more
detailed log information htat you need.

	There should probably be some internal code within Mailman to
detect bounces sent to the list admin address and to deal with them
by sending them to a site admin address which is specified in the
mm_cfg.py or Defaults.py file(s), and not via the web interface.