[Mailman-Users] Approval message loops around and is seen as a bounce

Brett Thorson bthorson at foretec.com
Tue May 25 23:30:20 CEST 2004

I just upgraded mailman from 2.0.something to 2.1.5.  Everything went
really well (thanks, that was great).  However, I am running into one
weird even that is occurring.

When a non-user sends a message that requires approval.  The approval
message gets sent from listname-owner to listname-owner.  This address
because of the setup I have actually gets routed off the box and then
returns.  And I think it is the returning to the box that makes mailman
think that the message actually bounced.  It seems to me that mailman
should replace the To:listname-owner with the actual address of the list
owner.

Below is the (Bounce message (approval message (message to approve)))
encapsulated messages that have me mostly puzzled.

Any help?

Thanks.

--Brett