[Mailman-Users] after installation?

Paul Makepeace python.org at paulm.com
Tue May 25 18:20:09 CEST 2004

Je 2004-05-25 16:48:06 +0100, Peter Schnitzler skribis:
> > 	If you want OS-specific documentation, then you should ask your
> > question on the mailing lists and newsgroups that are specific to
> > your OS.
>
> Hello,
>
> thank you for your answer.
> I don't think that my problem is related to Debian.
> Its just that I don't really know where to start after the installation. My
> first point is that I don't know how to reach the webuserface?!

You need to configure:
 + Apache
 + exim
 + a new list

So,

You need to configure Apache to see it, if it's not already (it's been a
while since I installed Debian's mailman so it might do it for you).

I have made a file, /etc/apache/mailman.conf that I "Include
/etc/apache/mailman.conf" in httpd.conf for any vhost that uses it,

  # mailman aliases

  Alias /mail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
  ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/

  <Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/>
          AllowOverride All
  </Directory>

Restart Apache and then try, for example,

Of course, you'll need a list created by

  # newlist mailmantest

(or whatever you'd like to call it.)

You'll also need to hook it into exim. This doc ought to help,

  http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html

HTH, (comments/improvements welcome!)
Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ................................  http://paulm.com/ecademy

"What is wrong with my brain? A yeast infection gone wrong."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/