[Mailman-Users] relay access denied

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun May 23 22:55:01 CEST 2004

At 1:13 PM -0500 2004/05/23, Kelsey Forsythe wrote:

>>  	There's not really enough information here to say.  You don't tell us
>>  which machine this line is being generated on
>
>  atom.chem.iupui.edu

	So, atom.chem.iupui.edu is claiming that "relay access denied"
when atom.chem.iupui.edu connects to itself and tries to send out the
e-mail?

	It would help if you would share a selection of the log file
which demonstrates this problem -- not just pasting the error in
question.

>  mynetworks = 134.68.0.0/16, 149.166.0.0/16, 156.56.0.0/16

	Where is 127.0.0.1/32?  Is mailman configured to connect to
"atom.chem.iupui.edu" as the relay, or to 127.0.0.1?

>  I am not getting messages bounced when I send regular mail through the
>  server but this 'relay' error appears when they try to join the MailMan
>  mailing list.

	You're getting into problems with postfix, not Mailman.  I think
you're likely to get more help from the postfix-users mailing list,
or perhaps related USENET newsgroups.