[Mailman-Users] Auto-Responder to "Request"

Marina marina at mailbox.co.uk
Wed May 19 14:58:53 CEST 2004

Ah... Although it now works, it also now seems to prevent messages sent to
the "-join" and "-leave" addresses from getting any messages other than the
auto-responder text I've entered. In other words, it seems to ignore emails
sent to the "-join" and "-leave" address (possibly others, but I haven't
tested it). And that's with the rate limiting set to 0.

I don't really want people to use the "-request" address other than for
receiving the text I'd input into the auto-responder. I want people to be
able to join and leave using "-join" and "-leave" and to receive my text
(not the canned Mailman text) if they should write to "-request".  Is there
any way of doing this please, as I'm now getting somewhat confused over it
(and possibly consequently missing the obvious)...

(I have checked the Admin Manual and the FAQ, but I'm afraid I can't find an
answer...)

Many TIA,
Marina
--------
Newbie - v.2.1.3 - via CPanel, no shell access

On Wednesday, May 19, 2004 10:31 AM [UK Time],
Marina wrote:

| Apologies for my delayed reply. Thank you for your reply which is much
| appreciatied, it now works as it should, via "Yes, w/discard".