[Mailman-Users] qrunner running away (Mailman 2.0.11)

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed May 19 11:07:11 CEST 2004

At 12:05 AM -0400 2004/05/19, Paul Smith wrote:

>                                                                 I was
>  just wondering whether anyone had any debugging tips, like checking for
>  messages stuck in the queue that would be causing this problem, or lock
>  files that might be breaking something, or whatever.

	So far as I know, Mailman doesn't have any support for doing any
kind of debugging for problems like this.  There's list lock
debugging that you can turn on, and pending lock debugging, but that
seems to be about it:

# Set this to On to turn on MailList object lock debugging messages, which
# will be written to logs/locks.  If you think you're having lock problems, or
# just want to tune the locks for your system, turn on lock debugging.
LIST_LOCK_DEBUGGING = Off

# Set this to On to turn on lock debugging messages for the pending requests
# database, which will be written to logs/locks.  If you think you're having
# lock problems, or just want to tune the locks for your system, turn on lock
# debugging.
PENDINGDB_LOCK_DEBUGGING = Off

	From what I can gather, Python doesn't have a great deal of
support in this area, either.  I guess that's why this bug has
persisted long enough to have only been fixed very recently with
2.1.5.