[Mailman-Users] Problem accessing membership management

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Wed May 19 04:32:05 CEST 2004

On May 19, 2004, at 01:28, Con Wieland wrote:

> While running 2.1.4 I get the following when trying to access the
> Membership Management module from the admin page. This only happens on
> one list on a server with ~400 lists.
> [...]
>     all = [_m.encode() for _m in mlist.getMembers()]
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xa0 in position
> 16: ordinal not in range(128)

It looks like you've got a list subscriber that has an "illegal"
character in their address (probably from an era when you were using an
earlier version of Mailman).  You can find pointers on how to correct
it with 'withlist' in the FAQ:
   http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.013.htp

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6