[Mailman-Users] Auto-Responder to "Request"

Marina marina at mailbox.co.uk
Sun May 16 15:06:54 CEST 2004

More newbie questions :-) I forgot to say earlier that I have v2.1.3.

I'm not sure I fully understand how the auto-responder system works. For
instance, "Should Mailman send an auto-response to emails sent to
the -request address? If you choose yes, decide whether you want Mailman to
discard the original email, or forward it on to the system as a normal mail
command."

If I choose "No" (with or without my own text) and someone sends a message
to listname-request, with "help" in the subject line, they still get an
auto-response with a load of email commands that will be totally meaningless
and confusing to the majority of them.

If I choose "Yes, w/forward" and I enter my own text, it sends both the
canned response and my text as separate emails.

If I choose "Yes, w/discard" and I enter my own text, it sends nothing.

How do I get it to send my text without the canned response?

TIA

Marina