[Mailman-Users] Bouncing immediately unauthorised senders

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed May 12 16:11:42 CEST 2004

At 12:03 PM +1000 2004/05/12, Dave Richards wrote:

>  I have a number of lists that have a limited set of addresses that can
>  send to it.  Is there a way to bounce any other senders immediately,
>  instead of queueing in the administrative requests?

	Go to the "Membership List" page under "Membership management..."
and set the moderation flag to be "on" for all users.  Go to the
"Sender Filters" page under "Privacy Options..." and turn on default
moderation for all new users.

	Now, all current and future users will be moderated unless this
value is cleared by the list administrator.

	On the same "Sender Filters" page, under "Action to take when a
moderated member posts to the list", set that to be "Reject".  Under
"List of non-member addresses whose postings should be automatically
accepted" enter the list of addresses you want to automatically go
through.  Under "Action to take for postings from non-members for
which no explicit action is defined", also set that to be "Reject".

	Now, any posts from those specified addresses will go through,
while everyone else will get a reject.