[Mailman-Users] time stamp in logs

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue May 11 23:12:48 CEST 2004

At 1:08 PM -0400 2004/05/11, Al Black wrote:

>  I didn't see anything in the FAQ about this, so I thought I'd check here.  Is
>  there a way to configure mailman so that its log entries can be written in
>  GMT rather than the local server time?

	This is something that you set within your OS.  You can set the
system time to be in GMT.  If you're using some variant of Unix, you
can set the "TZ" environment variable to be appropriate for GMT,
before you startup Mailman.

	Of course, the latter will only work for logs written directly by
Mailman itself, whereas the former will cause all logs on the system
to be in GMT.