[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.4 + postfix 2.0.16

cedric gross cgross at 2blc.com
Tue May 11 16:42:10 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm not sure but it's seems that email sent to mailman is a VIRTUAL address
what have you in virtual-mailman file ?

Obviously, I don't use that but I configured a virtual domain :
listes.youdomain.ltd that I registered in my transport table
as next hop to "mailman"

I configured in master.cf "mailman" as pipe :
mailman   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=FR user=mailman:mailman
  argv=/usr/local/mailman/postfix2mailman.py ${nexthop} ${user}

you can find the file postfix2mailman.py at
http://www.gurulabs.com/files/postfix-to-mailman-2.1.py

>From my point of view I don't know anything to python so I rewrite the
postfix2mailman in Perl.

Hope this help.

>Hi, I run this config on a FreeBSD 4.9
>Postifx is installed with mysql support for virtual domains.

>I have an error and i didn't find the answer in the FAQ.

>The installation was successfull.
>I created a mailing list. It appears in /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases.

>When I created the ML, i received the mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED] wich
>said :
>" The mailing list `ff' has just been created for you. The following is
some
>basic information about your mailing list....."
>So it looks like good.
>I can subscribe via web interface and do all operations successfully.
>

>The problem is that if I want to register by the email command "
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] "
>I receive the error:  Remote host said: 550 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>User unknown in virtual mailbox table

[...]