[Mailman-Users] Mailman Size Issues

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu May 6 10:29:30 CEST 2004

At 9:08 PM -0600 2004/05/05, Kory Wheatley wrote:

>  Any Solution?  I know you will want to say change your policy on your
>  mail server, but at this point it's not a option.

	As you have observed, the standard place to fix this problem is
in the mail server.  It is not unusual to have a separate machine
handling the mailing list, and you could apply the maximum message
size on that machine alone, leaving the regular mail servers
unchanged.

	Other than that, I don't think we have any immediate solution for you.

	You'll probably have to hack the Python code where the
max_message_size stuff is processed and have it reject or discard the
message instead of holding it.