[Mailman-Users] Turning off options in GUI [Re: Announce Only]

Zoran Dzelajlija jelly+mailman-users-via-gmane at srk.fer.hr
Tue May 4 13:39:47 CEST 2004

Paul Reilly <pareilly at tcd.ie> wrote:
> If the feature doesn't work for me via the
> web, then I'd like the option of turning it off.

This idea could be expanded to an novice/advanced view of the options, where
the advanced would show all of the options and categories and the novice
view would show only some.  The site admin could tweak what is visible in
the 'novice' view, add more arbitrary views and the initial default.  The
list admins might be able to select their preferred view (if the site admin
let them), and the list moderators might get only the options that apply
to them.

On top of this, more complex options might be created that combine changing
several list attributes, so you could show your list owners a simple
"open/closed" option which would actually change more than one thing under
the hood.

Zoran