[Mailman-Users] Uuencoding

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Mon May 3 22:57:39 CEST 2004

At 12:07 PM -0700 2004/05/03, Listmom wrote:

>  I need to prevent uuencoded files from getting sent out on my list.  How do
>  I do this?

	That's tough.  Uuencoded files aren't included in nice things
like MIME encoding, or have obvious headers that you can match on.

	They might be caught by things like Anomy (see
<http://freshmeat.net/projects/theanomymailsanitizer/>) or MIMEDefang
(see <http://freshmeat.net/projects/mimedefanger/>), but I can't be
sure.

	You may have to implement a custom mail filter that looks for
things like Uuencoded attachments, and then delete them.  Tools like
Anomy and MIMEDefang would probably be a good place to start.