[Mailman-Users] Can not reply to mailman list (More Info)

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun May 2 03:20:20 CEST 2004

At 1:47 PM -0700 2004/04/30, Lesley Jones wrote:

>  Yes, I can send from the root address and receive email to it just by
>  the local machine and not using mailman. Only not from that one email
>  address.  I can't send to the list or to the local root account from
>  this one email server yet it will receive from mailman, and I have tried
>  multiple accounts on this same email system, so it isn't just one
>  account being bounced.  All other email accounts I have tried work
>  beautifully, can send and receive from the local root account and any
>  mailman list I create.

	Sounds like that one machine is munging the e-mail address when
the message comes in, so you can receive fine but when you try to
reply, the address is no longer correct.

	You need to find out what about that machine is broken and then fix that.

	Send a sample message through your mailing list server, and show
us what it looks like when that message is received on an account
which works, and what it looks like when that message is received on
an account which doesn't.  Make sure to include *all* headers in both
copies of the example.  And I do mean *ALL* headers, including all
the "Received:" lines, all the "List-" lines, everything.  The body
isn't really important for debugging this part -- it's just there to
give you something to generate the necessary headers.

	Also show us all log entries on the server for both the input and
two outputs, and the log entries on each of the two recipient systems.

	With that information, we might be able to figure out what's going wrong.