[Mailman-Users] cannot change host_name in admin/mailman/general

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Sun May 2 00:34:01 CEST 2004

I'm sorry for the newbie question, but I've only been able find closely
related answer to this question in the sourceforge bug tracker [875971]that
contains a patch ,

- hostname = mm_cfg.DEFAULT_HOST_NAME or
mm_cfg.DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST
+ hostname = mm_cfg.DEFAULT_URL_HOST or
mm_cfg.DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST

and I'm not sure this is correct for me since I've installed the port (2.1.4
which contains a couple of patches).

When I attempt to update the host_name variable from the
http://my.domain.com/mailman/admin/mailman/general, the url contains the
name specified by my "official" ISP and I cannot change the value to match
the domain name I use for mail (forestinformatics.com) nor can I change it
to the name of my server (stimpy) to test and configure mailman from behind
my firewall. In fact, when I phoned a friend to have him change it (so when
you click the "submit your changes" button, he/I would be redirected to the
new url (the correct place) and it still didn't change the value.

So how do I change the host_name for the mailman list (the only one I have
right now) from dsl-57.peak.org to stimpy or forestinformatics.com or
anything so I can configure from either the web interface or a script?

please help...
Jeff.

---
Jeff D. Hamann