[Mailman-Users] HTML but no images?

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Wed Mar 31 21:02:24 CEST 2004

      I have asked this twice in the past 9 months of so - never received
any feed back.  I though it was a bug in the version I was running, but
version 2-1-4 does the same thing.

      I have several lists that want to allow HTML styling but not allow
images. I have tried all the content filter combinations I can think of to
get this to happen, but nothing works.  It seems that the following
settings for the contentfilter page would work:

Yes
image
multipart/mixed multipart/alternative text/plain
No

      ... however these settings strip html formatting.  The ONLY way I can
get HTML formatting through to the list is to set the first option to No.
       I realize html formatting is the scourge of the universe, but it
looks like what my users want should be possible.  Can someone confirm that
Mailman can't allow html while rejecting images so I can just give up? Thanks

<>< Paul