[Mailman-Users] rebuilding the mbox archives from pipermail *.txt files (with attachments)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 30 07:02:48 CEST 2004

I just gained ownership of a bunch of mailman lists but the previous
owner destroyed the .mbox archives.  He left the .txt files intact, so
I have most of the actual archives online, but I'd really like to
recreate the mbox files for my lists.

I found a script that claims to rebuild an mbox from a pipermail .txt at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-isp/2001/debian-isp-200111/msg00104.html
but it fails to reintegrate any attachments in the email.

Is there some better way to rebuild the mbox files from the .txt
files, or some trick to include the attachments?  Perhaps an "inverse
archive" process that goes backwards?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-derek