[Mailman-Users] HTML

texas critter texascritter at ditb.net
Thu Mar 25 18:53:33 CET 2004

On Thursday, March 25, 2004 7:30 AM, Sean Carnahan wrote:

> Thanks for the input, and linking it to a site with html is good
> idea.
> I still wish to know if html email is possible through mailman.

Yes you can.  But I'm afraid I've lost sight of the original problem you're
experiencing.  There is nothing prohibiting html messages thru mailman
except the individual settings for your list.

Have you looked at your Content Filtering settings?

Is is set to convert html to plain text?

Is it set to remove attachments with the text/html content type?

What happens when you send html messages?

What exactly do you see?

Do the html tags get displayed as text rather than showing the html result?

Or do you just see the text, no html tags, no html?

Perhaps it's something in your particular email program?

Have you tried a different email program or a webmail site?

While I'm not fond of html in email, it's not an evil thing all on its own.
Html in itself is not a virus.  And even email with viruses can be read
safely if you're not using an insecure email program or if you're using an
insecure program in a safe manner (fully patched, read in plain text only).
I use OE to read all my email but I take the proper precautions to prevent
any virus infected or spyware infected email from being able to do its
damage.  (And as soon as Mozilla's Thunderbird gets a bit further along in
development, I'll most likely be switching to that, I stopped using IE for
browsing ages ago, Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox are the best browsers out
there.)

IMHO, YMMV, HAND.

hth,
texas critter