[Mailman-Users] newbie question

Jim Chivas j_chivas at langara.bc.ca
Thu Mar 25 06:09:21 CET 2004

I double checked the information you suggested below. I did your
suggestion and it works ok.

Now new question.

I am following the mailman doc to create my first list ex:

http://my.dom.ain:8080/mailman/create
                  ****
Note the port number!

The screen comes up and I put in the data requested but when I click on
create I receive the 'mailman/create' page can't be found plus the URL in
my browser does not keep the port# 8080 in its path. I am assuming this is
my trouble.

To correct this I added

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'pipeline.langara.bc.ca:8080'

to my mm_cfg.py file at the end.

I then stopped and started mailmanctl.

When I try again the url still keeps loosing the port# 8080 from the URL.

Referencing the following list off the create page returns similar no
port# url as follows.

http://pipeline.langara.bc.ca/mailman/admin (overview)

Can you offer any suggestions on how to keep the port# in the URL's for
mailman?

Thanks

Jim

Jim Chivas                              email:  jchivas at langara.bc.ca
Information And Computing services      fax:    (604) 323-5349
Langara College                         Voice:  (604) 323-5390
100 West 49th  Avenue                   http://www.langara.bc.ca
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
V5Y 2Z6