[Mailman-Users] HTML

Jamie L. Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Wed Mar 24 16:34:28 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 13:09, Sean Carnahan wrote:
> I have read that people can send HTML emails via mailman, yet I
> cannot. I have read the info, checked off to NOT strip html into pain
> text, yet when I get email sent it puts all the web based pics into
> the attachment box and send a plain looking email.
>
> is there any way to send HTML template email to my newsletter list via
> mailman, with pictures and colors and backgrounds not stripped off?

HTML mail is pure evil, in addition, some MUA's cannot cope with HTML
mail, or do not render it properly. Plus it adds a whole load of
unneeded bloat, and can be a security risk - especially when used in
conjunction with 'LookOut'.

http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.usethesource.com/articles/03/04/07/122224.shtml

-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org> | spamtrap: spam at silverdream.org
 w: http://silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 14:30:01 up 4 days, 32 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.91, 0.90, 0.72