[Mailman-Users] What generates the index.html?

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Wed Mar 24 14:24:56 CET 2004

I run about eight mailman lists on my server. I noticed that the archive
 files are being created, but the index.html file that links to the monthly
 archives is not being generated, so there were only links to older months.
 What process is supposed to generate these?  There must be some cron entry
 or other that I'm missing. /etc/cron.d/mailman has:
0 8 * * * mailman /usr/bin/python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs
0 9 * * * mailman /usr/bin/python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/disabled
0 12 * * * mailman /usr/bin/python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests
0 5 1 * * mailman /usr/bin/python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/mailpasswds
0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * mailman /usr/bin/python -S
 /usr/lib/ mailman/cron/gate_news
27 3 * * * mailman /usr/bin/python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip
57 3 * * * mailman /usr/bin/python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/nightly_archives

When I try to run nightly_archives by hand, it says "No archives to
 process.". I noticed that the script attempts to open
 mm_cfg.EDITED_ARCHIVES_FILE, but no such file exists on my system.  Is
 mailman supposed to create/update that file whenever a list gets a post?

Background:  Suse 9.0 Professional, mailman-2.1.2-44.

First post to the list; sorry if this has been covered.

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "If you don't know what your program is supposed to do,
DK KD  you'd better not start writing it."
DDDD                                  -Edsger Wybe Dijkstra, RIP 1930 - 2002