[Mailman-Users] Re: mailman slow all of a sudden

Boris Folgmann boris at folgmann.de
Wed Mar 24 12:16:18 CET 2004

Hennie Rautenbach schrieb:

> Question. Where can I start looking to determine what is introducing the
> delay in the queue ? Is there a way to determoine if something is stuck
> in the queue somewhere that needs to be removed manually ?

Run mailq and check if there's really something in the queue.

> Do any of you have any pointers of where the culprit may be ? It seems
> very strange that posts were processed almost immediately a few days ago
> and now they take forever ?

The mailserver of some receivers could be down. Check /var/log/maillog for
any errors.

Check your server with top if some other program is stalling your CPU.
If nothing helps, check the Postfix+Mailman-Tuning HOWTO (ask google).
May be your machine should deliver more mails in parallel.

cu,
	boris