[Mailman-Users] Re: footers

Boris Folgmann boris at folgmann.de
Wed Mar 24 12:11:33 CET 2004

jsingh schrieb:
>  When I send an attachement, why does the footer come as an attachement if I
> use rich text or html format?  what do I need to do for the footer to appear
> normally at the end of the body of the message rather than as an
> attachement.

According to the mm developers it's the only (easy) safe way to add the footer.

To have the footers really appended to your text:
1. Configure your MUA to send plant text emails.
2. Set the default language of your mailing list on the mm admin page to
English/US-ASCII.

It's funny that this solution also works with non ASCII characters, e.g.
german Umlauts (ISO-8859-1), but only if you use English as default
language, not german.

cu,
	boris