[Mailman-Users] Postfix-style virtual domains broken in mailman 2.1.1

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Thu Mar 18 20:54:21 CET 2004

Boris Folgmann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've configured mailman-2.1.1-5 (RH9 RPM) according to
> README.POSTFIX.
> But Mailman is NOT adding the domain entry at the start
> of the virtual-mailman file, which is required for
> Postfix-style virtual domains.
>
> Missing is
>
> lists.dom.ain			  IGNORE

You are supposed to do it yourself. This from README.POSTFIX:

     First, you need to set up the Postfix virtual alias domains as
     described in the Postfix documentation (see Postfix's virtual(5)
     manpage).  Note that it's your responsibility to include the
     "virtual-alias.domain anything" line as described manpage; Mailman
     will not include this line in virtual-mailman.  I highly encourage
     you to make sure your virtual alias domains are working properly
     before integrating with Mailman.

Note the second sentence.

	-ste