[Mailman-Users] ImportError: No module named japanese

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 17 22:00:08 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 14:59, Ana Carolina Alonso de Armiño wrote:
> Thanks!!!!
> I had change my mailman version, I had uninstalled mailman 2.1.4 and I
> had installed now mailman 2.1.3. I did it because I received next
> error into the page:
>

> Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4
>

> We're sorry, we hit a bug!
> If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
> of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
> happened. Thanks!
> /H3
>
> But now I get:
>

> Bug in Mailman version 2.1.3
>

> We're sorry, we hit a bug!
> If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
> of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
> happened. Thanks!
> /H3
>
> So, the re-installation no chage the state.
> When I run a command in my web server like ./bin/list_lists, I get:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./bin/list_lists", line 47, in ?
>     from Mailman import MailList
>   File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 40, in ?
>     from email.Utils import getaddresses, formataddr, parseaddr
>   File "/usr/mailman/pythonlib/email/Utils.py", line 12, in ?
>     import warnings
> ImportError: No module named warnings
>

> Wath shoul I do? change my python version in my web server so that the
> version in both, my web server and my email server (list server), will
> be the same?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Ana

That will work, or you can simply install the updated Python in a
different directory and when you install Mailman, point it to the New
Python install.  Works a treat!

Good Luck - Jon Carnes

BTW: The "bug" message is simply Python's way of saying that there was a
problem with running the program - it doesn't mean the program has a
bug. In your case, it means that the modules it needed were missing.
You should feel free to run Mailman version 2.1.4, it's very solid and
reliable.