[Mailman-Users] Way to protect web pages

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 17 20:17:53 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 09:04, Thomas Waters wrote:
> Panther Server/apache + Mailman 2.12
>
> Is it possible to have the list info web pages displayed within a
> restricted access intranet?  Is this an alias issue or mod_rewrite
> issue?
>
> Our webserver host name is www.pharmacy.pitt.edu and all mail and
> mailman lists are functioning as desired.  But, the mailman web pages
> are displaying at www.pharmacy.pitt.edu/mailman...  and I don't want
> that.  What I want is for the pages to be visable via a Vhost,
> intranet.xxx.xxxx.

If you have set that up as the virtual host for those lists to use, then
you only need to toggle on setting in your ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
file (look at the Defauts.py file for the explanations and syntax):

  # When set to Yes, the listinfo and admin overviews of
  # lists on the machine will be confined to only those
  # lists whose web_page_url configuration option host
  # is included within the URL by which the page is
  # visited - only those "on the virtual host".  When
  # set to No, all advertised (i.e. public) lists are
  # included in the overview.
  VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = On