[Mailman-Users] Archive browsing

Richard Barrett r.barrett at ftel.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 12:18:42 CET 2004

On 16 Mar 2004, at 10:30, Tony Howat wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> We've been using mailman here for some time, however it's becoming
> increasingly apparent that the in-built archive browsing is
> insufficient for our needs.
>
> What we need is a searchable threaded display per list of each entire
> archive.
>
> Has anyone implemented such a thing? We'd clearly like to stick with
> mailman as the rest of the solution works well.
>
> Suggestions would be appreciated.

Pending greater things from MM3, you may find the results you get from
using these two MM patches, which provide archive search using Htdig
and HTML archive page generation using a combination of pipermail and
MHonArc, go some way to meeting your requirements and they are
reasonably simple to deploy:

http://www.openinfo.co.uk/mailman/patches/444884/index.html

http://www.openinfo.co.uk/mailman/patches/mhonarc/index.html