[Mailman-Users] Virtual Host question

Christopher Adams chris.a.adams at state.or.us
Fri Mar 12 19:02:55 CET 2004

I want to change the web url and sending address for my lists.

In Defaults.py, currently, I have the following:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mydomain.wherever.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mydomain.wherever.com'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

I want to add a virtual host, so I added this to mm_cfg.py:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mydomain.wherever.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mydomain.wherever.com'
add_virtualhost ('virtualdomain.wherever.com')
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

So, now I can send a message to listname at virtualdomain.com and it is
delivered successfully. However, if I go to
http://virtualdomain.wherever.com/mailman/admin, there are no lists.
Also, at the bottom of the test message, the new virtual host was listed
in the footer, but the web url still reflected the default host.

So, I guess I have a couple of questions.

1. Did I add the virtual host correctly?

2. How can I change all lists in batch so that all the URLS reflect the
virtual host address, but users who have bookmarked the default host url
can still access web pages and lists by sending to the default email host?

3. I have read about the withlist fix_url.py script and that seems like
it is issued for individual lists. Am I correct?

So, as you can see, I need some clarification about how to do this. I
have read the FAQ and mailing list archive and now I need some advice.

--
Christopher Adams