[Mailman-Users] problems with the mail hostname

Rabinowitz, Ari (Exchange) AriMR at bear.com
Wed Mar 10 04:49:10 CET 2004

> From: Guillaume Rousse [mailto:rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr]
> Tuesday, March 09, 2004 5:48 PM
>
> > The only way to be sure that this will work is to remove the CNAME
> > record for lists.zarb.org and put in an A record in DNS.
> Unfortunatly, it was not enough :-(

How do you know it was not enough, since I still see the CNAME record.

You have very long TTL (Time To Live) on your DNS records so the CNAME is still cached on many servers around the Internet, probably including your own.

You will have to wait until the CNAME's TTL expires before you can know for sure if my solution works or not.