[Mailman-Users] To those looking for help

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Tue Mar 9 20:59:08 CET 2004

      I've been off the list for a couple of weeks due to a server crash -
when I came back I found a LOT of messages that are to vague to be
answered, have nothing to do with Mailman, are answered in the FAQ, or show
a lack of needed knowledge to follow an answer.  So, as a public service here:

      This list if for Mailman and issues directly related to it.  General
questions about Linux, sendmail, or other non Mailman issues will probably
be ignored.

      If you do not have a basic understanding of Linux, and are
comfortable working from the command line - forget about installing
Mailman.  Either pay someone to install it for you, or pay for list service.

      This is a USERS list - it's peer help, not an "official" Mailman
support system.  No one here is paid to do this, and it's done as we have
time.  You may not get an answer in an hour, and posting a second time the
same day reduces the odds you will get an answer.

     Did you check the FAQ (http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py)?  A
lot of common answers are there.  Did you check the various README files
that came with MM?  Have you tried the searchable archives
(http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/)?

      Currently we have no mind readers on this list - so you will need to
give important details like which version of Mailman you are running, what
the OS is, MTA and so on.  Give a clear description of the problem, and
include error messages when applicable.

<>< Paul
Some settling may occur during sending; this e-mail filled by weight, not
volume.  Contains small words which pose a choking hazard for children
under 3. Use Dolby metal setting and Netscape 4.x or better for best viewing.