[Mailman-Users] Will a user named YOURMAILLIST be added after a mail list named YOURMAILLIST was created?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 6 21:57:52 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 03:23, 高山 wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I am using mailman2.1.4.
> I installed sendmail and mailman on one machine.
> I got a problem that after I post message to my maillist I got a message
> which told me there was not a user named mymaillist on my Mailman machine.
> Will a user named YOURMAILLIST be added after a mail list named YOURMAILLIST
> was created?
>
> gstide

It depends on where you add the list from. If you do it from the
commandline you can specify to the "newlist" command that it add it to
the aliases file (you will still need to run "newalises" for sendmail to
see the new aliases).

If you add it from the Web-admin, you will need to add the aliases
yourself (unless you have Postfix and the Postfix integration turned on)
- or have written a small script to add it to your Sendmail aliases file
automagically.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes