[Mailman-Users] withlist fix_url help on virtual host table

Judson Bishop Judson.Bishop at eamc.org
Sat Mar 6 02:49:40 CET 2004

Mailman works, at least partially.  I can send messages to the list and they
are sent out to the list.  However, when a new user tries to sign up for the
list the POST action is not correct and they cannot sign up.

  <form Method=POST
ACTION="http://eastalabamacycling.org/mailman/listinfo/eacc">
                                 ^^^^^^
It should be:
   <form Method=POST
ACTION="http://www.eastalabamacycling.org/mailman/listinfo/eacc">
                                  ^^^^^^^^
This is the command I ran:
./withlist -l -r fix_url eacc -u eastalabamacycling.org

When I look at the command help for fix_url it says it looks up urlhost in
the virtual host table and sets the web_page_url and host_name attributes of
the list to the values found.  I obviously do not have this set properly.
If I have a default host of surfing.edgeoftheweb.org and want to use
www.eastalabamacycling.org as the host for mailman what do I change?

I have two domains on this server, eastalabamacycling.org and
edgeoftheweb.org.  The host name is surfing.edgeoftheweb.org.
I would like the mailing lists used for the cycling club.

Versions of software:
apache 2.0.46
mailman 2.1.1-5
postfix 2.0.11-4
cyrus-imapd-2.1.16-5
cyrus-sasl-2.1.15-3
All running on RedHat.

In my httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster at eastalabamacycling.org
    DocumentRoot /var/www/cycling/html
    ServerName www.eastalabamacycling.org:80
    ErrorLog logs/cycling-error.log
    CustomLog logs/cycling-access.log common
# Below is all mailman stuff
    ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/mailman/cgi-bin/
    Alias /pipermail/ /var/mailman/archives/public/
    <Directory /var/mailman/archives>
        Options +FollowSymlinks
    </Directory>
     RedirectMatch /mailman[/]*$
http://www.eastalabamacycling.org/mailman/listinfo
#
</VirtualHost>

Please note the RedirectMatch line is all on one line.

In mm_cfg.py:
DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'surfing.edgeoftheweb.org'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'edgeoftheweb.org'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jud Bishop

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.