[Mailman-Users] Moved List Has Bad Archive Directories

Rob Caskey rcaskey at uga.edu
Fri Mar 5 15:35:19 CET 2004

The old lists used to reside in /home/mailman and the new ones live in
/var/mailman.

I get daily messages from crond like:

List tech_committee has a bogus archive_directory:
/home/mailman/archives/private/tech_committee
List uga_trombone_choir has a bogus archive_directory:
/home/mailman/archives/private/uga_trombone_choir
List linux_class has a bogus archive_directory:
/home/mailman/archives/private/linux_class

...and so on

I open the list config in vi and I can see the archive directories. I
dump them out to the editable file but the archive dirs dont show up as
options to edit. I was going to try to just put in
public_archive_file_dir = '/var/mailman/archives/public' by hand and
see if that fixed things but I found that even if I do

/var/mailman/bin/config_list -o /tmp/jazz.cfg jazz
/var/mailman/bin/config_list -i /tmp/jazz.cfg jazz

it hangs while reimporting. Any suggestions? This is really getting my
goat. It gets fixed by symlinking /home/mailman to /var/mailman but
it's the principle of the thing!

Thanks,
--Rob

PS: I want to stick with Yellowdog 3.0's stop version of mailman, so
I'd rather not upgrade if I don't have too...