[Mailman-Users] i am not getting any mails to my list

Jamie Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Fri Mar 5 11:16:04 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 05:37, dvp at hurricane.ee.iitm.ac.in wrote:
> I have installed mailman-2.1.4.tgz in RedHat Linux 9.0 and using
>  postfix-1.1.12-1 .
>
> My Problem is i am not getting mail which i sent to the list named
> systest.
>
> but in /var/log/maillog , it shows status as sent .i don't know what
> happend to that mail.
>
> I checked in mailman FAQ.still i couldn't solve this problem.
> can any one give me a good source abt configuring mailman with postfix.
> can any one  help me to solve this.

Make sure that the Mailman qrunner processes are started (ps waux | grep
qrunner), if they aren't start them by using 'mailmanctl start', under
my Debian installation that's at /var/lib/mailman/bin but YMMV.

Concerning using Mailman with Postfix check the README.POSTFIX file that
comes with Mailman it has detailed instructions on what you need to
change in Postfix to get it to work with Mailman.

If however you're using virtual domains as I am, then you'll need
something else - I'm using a python script called postfix-to-mailman,
then all mailing list mail gets sent to lists.* which is fed to
postfix-to-mailman.py by Postfix, and then goes on to Mailman. It's not
pretty (it's a resource hog, since mail has to be fed to a python
script, and Postfix can't know whether the mail it accepts for
lists.whatever will bounce), but having said all that, it does work.

If you want it - it's available at:
http://www.gurulabs.com/files/postfix-to-mailman-2.1.py

HTH

-j

--
-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org>
 w: http://silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 09:30:01 up 1 day, 18:50,  5 users,  load average: 1.38, 1.04, 0.60