[Mailman-Users] RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

caleb t-r caleb at tucker-raymond.net
Wed Mar 3 22:38:56 CET 2004

Heya,

We are running Mailman 2.1.4 on FreeBSD 4.7, using sendmail
and mhonarc as an external archiver.

Every few weeks or so, the qrunner processes stop, leaving mailman locked.

When I figure out that the lists have stopped running, I run mailmanctl -s
start. But then a few weeks later, it happens again.

I check the error log, and the last errors (some shunting, a recursion
runtime error) happen a few hours before the most recent message to the
list is sent.

The qfiles/shunt and locks/ directories are full of old stuff. Should I be
cleaning these out somehow?

Any other hints?

Thanks

Caleb T-R