[Mailman-Users] Getting unsubscribes notifications despite settings

Anne Ramey anner at blast.com
Mon Mar 1 01:19:33 CET 2004

I'm having problems with a list that I just moved from one server to
another.  I tarred and zipped up the entire mailman directory
(preserving permissions) and moved it onto a new server.  I've done
this before without incident. Since then, it hasn't been behaving as
configured.  Last time we sent a list, a member responded and even
though the user moderator bit was checked/on, the mail was not held--it
went straight through to everyone.  I removed the list, recreated it,
then re-configured it, and am still having problems.  Now even though
mailman is not set to notify admin for unsubscribes (regular or bounce)
the owner is still getting notifications.
The notifications are coming from these addresses:
<listname-bounces at lists.emji.net>,
<mailman-bounces at lists.emji.net>

These are some of the config variables:
anonymous_list = 0
first_strip_reply_to = 0
reply_goes_to_list = 0
umbrella_list = 0
umbrella_member_suffix = '-owner'
send_reminders = 0
send_welcome_msg = 0
send_goodbye_msg = 0
admin_immed_notify = 0
admin_notify_mchanges = 0
respond_to_post_requests = 1
emergency = 0
new_member_options = 0
subscribe_policy = 1
unsubscribe_policy = 0
default_member_moderation = 1
member_moderation_action = 0
generic_nonmember_action = 1
forward_auto_discards = 1
require_explicit_destination = 1
bounce_processing = 1
bounce_score_threshold = 1.0
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 0
bounce_unrecognized_goes_to_list_owner = 0
bounce_notify_owner_on_disable = 0
bounce_notify_owner_on_removal = 0

I'm at a loss as to what might be wrong.  Please help.  We haven't
tried out another list because we want to be sure everything is working
correctly first.

Thanks,
Anne Ramey