[Mailman-Users] Global NOMAIL?

Jeff Barger jeff at look.net
Wed Jun 30 21:52:25 CEST 2004

On Jun 30, 2004, at 3:18 PM, Tracey McCartney wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am the admin and one of three mods for an announce-only list.  Is
> there an e-mail command I can use to set everyone on the list to
> NOMAIL temporarily so that I can then turn mail back on for a few
> people in order to do some testing?  The list has about 435
> subscribers, and using the web interface to set everyone's mail bit
> will get a little tedious.

You can use withlist to do it. Let's say the list is named 'testlist':

# ./withlist -i -l testlist
The variable `m' is the testlist MailList instance
 >>> for member in
m.getDeliveryStatusMembers((MailList.MemberAdaptor.ENABLED,)):
...          m.setDeliveryStatus(member,MailList.MemberAdaptor.BYADMIN)
 >>> m.Save()

Unlocking (but not saving) list: testlist

-Jeff