[Mailman-Users] htdig and paths

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Wed Jun 30 21:11:44 CEST 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Richard Barrett wrote:

> This is explained in the INSTALL.htdig-mm file (or its HTML version)
> added to the $build directory by the patch:

I can't tell you how many times I read that page.  Lots of info in one
page... :)

Anyhow, today I went and double-checked my ScriptAlias lines, removed an
Alias that referenced "/htdig/", and it's working again...  I'm not sure
how I fixed it, as at some point yesterday I did not have the Alias line
in there.  Testing both private and public lists shows that it works as
expected now (including trying to reach a private URL without logging in;
I get a proper email/pass prompt).

Anyhow, thanks for pointing out that "htdig" is indeed a cgi in the
mailman cgi-bin, that fact slipped my mind yesterday.

Is there any chance this set of patches will ever make it into Mailman?
List archives without an integrated search (especially private lists) are
an absolute necessity; no one wants to page through years of posts to find
what they're looking for...

Thanks for the help and for the excellent patch!

Charles