[Mailman-Users] bogus archive directory messages to mailman list

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Jun 29 21:31:31 CEST 2004

This is Mailman 2.1.5rc on Linux. I have seen this happen with 2.1.4 as
well.
Each night nightly-gzip creates a complaint about this:

List kunden-alle has a bogus archive_directory:
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/kunden-alle

I'm not sure what it means. There's a symlink from private pointing to a
non-existant directory in public. I removed that symlink but it still
creates the same message. So, what does it want? Do I need to change
configuration somewhere? (archiving = no) Or should I have created the
directory the symlink was pointing to instead of removing the symlink?

(this list was created by copying a list directory with all content and
then editing the new list. This way the original archive directory wasn't
copied.)

Ok, that was one question, probably easily explained. But there's more.
This message is obviously sent to the mailman umbrella list which doesn't
accept it because the sender (root@<hostname>) is not a member of the
list. Should I add it to the list, should I do something else? I just
created that list as I was told in some Mailman setup instruction. There
wasn't anything about adding members in it. This list doesn't have any
members.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany