[Mailman-Users] Updating MM 2.1.2 -> 2.1.5 "stucks"

Frank Thommen fthommen at inf.ethz.ch
Sun Jun 27 00:04:22 CEST 2004

Hi

>> ...and here the process waits/loops forever (at least more then three
>> hours...).  I ^C-stopped the update several times, but it gets always
>> stucked at the same list.
>
> Examin the locks directory if there are lock files remained before
> executing bin/update. Make sure you stop qrunner and SMTP and clear
> the locks directory before issuing 'bin/update -f'.

Thanks.  I did, but it didn't help.  While updating I also get the following
errors at some lists (not the same ones, where 'update' hangs):

---
Updating mailing list: XXXX
Updating the held requests database.
- updating old private mbox file
    looks like you have a really recent CVS installation...
    you're either one brave soul, or you already ran me
- updating old public mbox file
- This list looks like it might have <= b4 list templates around
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/pack/mailman-2.1.5-inf/bin/update", line 782, in ?
    errors = main()
  File "/usr/pack/mailman-2.1.5-inf/bin/update", line 672, in main
    errors = errors + dolist(listname)
  File "/usr/pack/mailman-2.1.5-inf/bin/update", line 357, in dolist
    os.rename(o_tmpl, n_tmpl)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
---

update exits at this point, but the next time it is run, the error does not
appear any more (-> I have to run 'update' three times to get rid of all these
errors).  These errors always appear, when 'update' is run after MM 2.1.2 has
been used.

Any other ideas or hints?

frank