[Mailman-Users] Mailman browswer question - initial set up

Poythress, Lynn apoythre at skymail.csus.edu
Fri Jun 25 18:39:47 CEST 2004

Brad,

Thanks for the reply.  I 'think' I set up the web server configuration.

o In Step 4 of the Install document I added the ScriptAlias to my apache
httpd.conf file.
o My apached (apache daemon) id is NOT in the same group as my mailman
id.  o I copied my mailman icons (there was only one - gnu-tiny-head) to
my apache icons directory.
o I have decided for the time being to take the defaults and not add
anything to the mm_cfg.py file
o I added the alias for pipermail to my apache httpd.conf file
o We're not doing internationalization - so I skipped that step.
o I stopped and started my apache server
o I followed the instructions to create the site-wide mailing list
o I ran config_list to configure the site list - I took all the defaults
o How do I subscribe myself to the site list?  I assume that means root?
o I've set up the crontab entries
o I've started the mailman qrunner daemon

Please tell me what I've left out - I can't figure it out!  I'm pretty
sure it's something simple and I'm just can't see the forest for the
trees.

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Lynn Poythress
California State University, Sacramento