[Mailman-Users] help needed (announcement list vs. discussion list)

Richard Barnet rbarnet at csareno.org
Thu Jun 24 00:04:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to set up two Mailman listservs (v. 2.1.5) as a list
administrator (my host, the real server administrators, installed it for
customer's usage).  Everything's working correctly, and I've been
through the settings more than a few times, but I can't seem to find out
how I can switch one of the lists into an "announcement only" (one-way)
broadcast list, as opposed to my other list which is geared toward group
discussion and encourages replies to the list.

I've poked around here for documentation:
http://www.list.org/admins.html
(which sends me here:)
http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/

and I've read this document:
http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/mailman-administration-v2.html

but I don't see anything like this.  Certainly Mailman can do this, as
referenced here at another site:
http://www.lmi.net/services/mailman.php

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Richard Barnet, Technology Analyst
Community Services Agency &
Development Corporation (CSA&DC)
1+ (775) 786-6023 x110
http://www.csareno.org/

This email message and any attachments have
been automatically scanned by Symantec Mail
Security for the presence of computer virii.