[Mailman-Users] How can list admin unsubscribe user via email?

Rick Maddy rick at maddyhome.com
Wed Jun 23 04:01:04 CEST 2004

I need a way for a list admin or moderator to be able to unsubscribe a
user from the list via an email interface. I don't want the user to get
a confirmation page first, just the notice that they have been unsubscribed.

I'm sending this email from a Java program. I've tried sending the email
from the person I'm trying to unsubscribe to list-unsubscribe at host.com -
this results in the user getting the confirmation - not what I want.

I've tried sending the email as the admin to list-request at host.com with
the command 'unsubscribe [admin password] address=user.to.remove'

This gives me a bad password email to the admin. I assume it is looking
for the user's password, not the admin's password.

I've read all the docs and FAQs and searched the archives but I can't
find anything on this.

Help.

Rick