[Mailman-Users] Total personalized Mails

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Fri Jun 25 11:51:51 CEST 2004

At 11:38 AM +0200 2004-06-25, Frank Simon wrote:

>>  	See <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.018.htp>
>>  for related information.
>
>  The FAQ entry regarding more for Job Assignment and CRM systems. That
>  isn`t was i want. I want only custimze the content more than i find in
>  the FAQ.

	I understand.  That's why I say that it's related, as opposed to
just quoting the FAQ entry for you and letting you read the answer
for yourself.

>  mailman sends mails in a personalize way (Name, Surname at Beginning,
>  individual unsubscribe- and bounce notices using VERP). In this case i
>  think, there should be a way to personalize the content too.

	To the degree you want?  No.  I've known plenty of multi-million
dollar businesses that have been built on the kind of tool you're
looking for, and every one of them has found it necessary to create
their own.

	The mail-merge problem is so different from the running of a
mailing list that you simply cannot take existing tools and abuse
them to work the way you want.