[Mailman-Users] mailman wihout web interface

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Jun 23 13:47:56 CEST 2004

At 9:12 AM +0530 2004-06-18, Yogesh Subhash Talekar wrote:

>  1. I want all administration from command line. Becoz due to some
>  restrictions I cannot have apache or web access to the server.

	I'm pretty sure that anything you can do from the web pages can
also be done via the command-line, but is definitely doing things the
hard way.  One of the design goals for Mailman was
ease-of-administration, but that presupposed access to the web
interface.

>  2. I want to manage list users on my own. I don't want users to
>  auto-subscribe or unsubscribe on their own.

	You can choose not to create the aliases that would allow users
to handle their own subscriptions, etc....

>  3. I want the mailing list to be accessible only to the members and not
>  others.

	Running a closed list is easy.  The other stuff is going to be
more painful, because that's not the normal way that Mailman lists
are managed, so you're not going to have as many people in the
community who'd be able to help if you had questions/problems.